Utah Jazz Tickets

I wanted to talk about Adrian Wojnarowski taking advantage of the Rudy Gobert coronavirus news to get clicks. I also wanted to talk about why it was frustrating on Donovan Mitchell’s end. What a crazy time for Utah Jazz fans.
Utah Jazz Tickets
Official Utah Jazz Tickets On Sale Now!

1. Xintus
    Xintus says:

I saw a meme of Rudy Gobert that he is Defensive Player of.the year again for shutting down the NBA seaon, which I thought was totally effed up. Getting Coronavirus was NOT his fault!

2. Lame Upload
    Lame Upload says:

I can see Rudy Gobert’s angle..We have a president who constantly talks about fake news … News anchors with slighted biased opinions Reporting the initial reports of the virus were trumped up by the Democrats…… so it all looks like a big joke at first…… but the silver lining Donovan Mitchell didn’t have any symptoms, had he continued to play how many more players would’ve been infected?

3. Jacob Cooper
    Jacob Cooper says:

WOJ just likes to stir the pot…..hate it…..
    Rudy did something dumb but I think that he did all the right things to apologize and make up for it. Forgive and forget…..

4. Sullir
    Sullir says:

We don’t know the full story. What we do know is that Rudy got caught on camera making light of it. Chaveller was the nicest way anyone could put it. We also know that he was goofing off in the locker room and making an issue with those that were taking it seriously. Covid 19 could be a big issue for pro athletes. It can do permanent damage to the lungs. I hate to say it but have beef over this is pretty understandable. I would hope Rudy was willing to fall on this sword. It’s easy to see guys telling him to stop messing with them. I hate to say it, but this was a learning moment for Rudy. I feel bad that it got out of hand, but that was two strikes with one swing. It was going to look bad as soon as the new hit that members of the Jazz tested positive regardless because of Rudy’s behavior caught on film.

5. MrWild200x
    MrWild200x says:

sometimes I do not watch your vids. sometimes you annoy me actually. But I keep watching. Today you are my Hero!!! God bless you. I do not even know if I can watch my beloved Jazz anymore??? This has me in knots. Haven't been this mad about anything in a while. you said everything I been wanting to scream from the rooftops! Not sure how I feel about Donovan now. I am sick from it.

6. Lee Christensen
    Lee Christensen says:

I don't think Donovan is mad at getting coronavirus, Donovan was just upset about his carelessness and he wasn't taking it as seriously. But he should get over it because A TON OF PEOPLE were doing that, not just Rudy. Until the NBA shut down, very few were taking it seriously…

7. Jonathan Colton
    Jonathan Colton says:

Great points. I have no idea what you do from here. I too am a little bit disappointed by DM. He's been super mature (or at least appeared to be) thus far. I just think at this point, being the focus of a viral worldwide pandemic that the world hasn't seen anything like in 100 years is completely unprecedented. For that reason, I'm willing to give Donovan Mitchell and the rest of the roster some slack, and some time. As far as trades go, I'd like to see DM and Gobert together on the Jazz for the rest of their careers – if there is any way that can still happen.

8. bob bro
    bob bro says:

I honestly don't think anyone needed to stand up for Rudy other than to say he isn't a bad guy obviously, but standing up for him after the reports and the mic video… Like how can you defend that?! K'mon, Rudy got what he had coming to him soon as he tested positive and he's learned from it. Now we all need to forget about his one (big) gaffe and remember him for being the all Star he is.

9. RiPPn
    RiPPn says:

Lock’d on NBA speculated that the virus could have come from Donovan since he has family and friends in New York and had spent time with them recently. That makes Donovan’s behavior and attitude that much worse in my opinion. I also tried defending Rudy on Reddit and got downvoted to oblivion. Just like with the goaltending, the Westbrook incident, etc. the NBA community loves to pile on the Jazz, and it is very tired.

10. RiPPn
    RiPPn says:

It was sad that it took Durant getting it for people to finally stop trying to somehow link the virus back to Rudy. Shit was unreal and I feel bad for Gobert.. Half of America including the president wasn’t taking Coronavirus serious until that night, so to crucify the guy over his mic touching joke was also unfair.

11. Jordan R
    Jordan R says:

Listen, I agree with you it sucks what happened to Rudy. But Donovan has been basically perfect since getting here, so I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he probably has decent reason to be upset. We’ll see where it goes but I agree I don’t see Rudy on the team going forward.

12. Josh Williams
    Josh Williams says:

Thank you. You said exactly what I have been saying but u did it with a platform of sorts. Thank you. I feel the same. This will end this version of the Jazz. Rudy is a good man. I support him 100000%. I will miss him dearly when the Jazz have to trade him next year.

13. Hal Jordan
    Hal Jordan says:

Woj didn't just report the news… He made Rudy look like a massive piece of shit. He deflected the fact that the NBA might've had infected mics and instead made it seem like it was ALL Rudy and everybody piled on…

14. Hal Jordan
    Hal Jordan says:

I read a tweet of some asshole that said Rudy should "die" or go to jail for "what he did". When I said I hope his mom gets Corona so he knows it's not a joke he reported me. People like that are just toxic and fuckin disgusting.

15. Hal Jordan
    Hal Jordan says:

You speak for every Jazz fan right now. I can't believe the Jazz did him this dirty… That's like knowing he's not a Witch but still watching him get burned at the stake when you could have said something and saved a life.

16. Flo Z
    Flo Z says:

As a Spurs fan this case reminds the Kawhi Leonard stuff. Medias talks on behalf of players and create a shitstorm where there was just nothing before.
    I truely hope that it won't end with the same scenario.

17. napierski47025
    napierski47025 says:

Donovan>Rudy… Also, on the interview on Good Morning America, Donovan said, "It took a while for me to kind of cool off and I read what he said and I heard what he said, so I'm glad he's doing okay." Mitchell added that he's glad they are both doing well and grateful that "it's just two of us" and that other players, staff and any of their families were not impacted. "At the end of the day neither him or I have children at home. I know I have teammates that have children, staff that have children at home, so I'm glad that we were able to kind of contain it as much as possible," Mitchell explained.