The Utah Jazz lost a heartbreaker to the Miami Heat after Josh Richardson made a late game winner that put the Jazz away.

That’s now three losses in a row for the Jazz and nine losses in their last eleven games and puts the Utah Jazz at a major crossroads. There is the possibility of making the playoffs still, but is it worth it? Rudy Gobert will not be back for probably another two weeks and will undoubtedly take time to get back to form. And even when Rudy Gobert comes back, there are still issues with the makeup of the roster with Derrick Favors and Ricky Rubio.

A decision will come soon, and it will either be to help the Jazz make the playoffs or do something that helps them in the long-term with the draft.

The bright side is Donovan Mitchell continues to make a case for rookie of the year. His play has been phenomenal and makes every game fun, win or lose.

P.S. I miss Dante Exum.

REMEMBER TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE!

Go to SLCDunk.com for more about the Utah Jazz and the NBA!

source

1. Chambers Heros
    Chambers Heros says:

Folk would see what they never saw in NBA before about the Miami heat, the Miami heat is a whole bunch of folks that r desperate to be Legends pretty soon, don't forget, haslem still the best teacher in the game of basketball ball, I am witness a whole different Century of NBA Legends who believe in changing the hands of time in basketball games.

2. David Green
    David Green says:

Hood was just being Hood I guess. I really wish the Jazz had Exum playing instead of Rubio. Rubio is shooting something like 29% from 3, that is pathetic for a veteran NBA point guard. He is averaging 5 assists and 3 turnovers per game. I never liked that trade for him, but I guess there was nobody else…

3. Mary Jo
    Mary Jo says:

As soon as I saw it was related to SLC dunk I checked your video out and once I heard the first minute I subscribed. My favorite things about the Jazz are their culture, their coach and obviously, Donovan Mitchell! Keep up the good work

4. nj11
    nj11 says:

Don't worry too much. At least this isn't as painful as the building years with Hayward. With Mitchell, Gobert, and a competent management the jazz will be fun to watch both in terms of their on court product and development. Hang in there this offseason and next year will be great but for now enjoy the Donovan Mitchell show.

5. Jonzy Bon
    Jonzy Bon says:

i feel like in that situation, iso joe jesus johnson is a much better option to win in the clutch but rookie donovan getting a much better exp in a playoff like game will be better in a long run.

6. 1 Survivor
    1 Survivor says:

I think it's time to move Favors, Hood and maybe Burks. I agree with you that waiting is too risky. We need to rebuild (or restructure might be the better word for it) around Gobert and Mitchell. I think that paying to keep Favs or Hood this offseason would be a cap mistake. Move them now for either future assets, an established player who would fit with Gobert and Mitchell, or a combination of both. If we don't make the playoffs it's okay because we'll have a good draft pick and better financial flexibility. We'll be able to restructure some things this offseason and set ourselves up for a quick turnaround to get back into the playoffs next year if we make good moves.

7. 1 Survivor
    1 Survivor says:

Rodney Hood cost us the game. His shot selection was terrible throughout the game. And his defense in the 4th qtr was awful. He kept sagging off of shooters. There were plays where he literally dropped into the paint and left his man wide open. He didn't rotate to help on penetration. It was just brutal.